Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from "BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS".
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- finely shredded lime peel (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- CRUST: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar, pecans and 1/4 cup of the coconut.
- Stir in butter or margarine.
- Press mixture into a greased 8 by 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- FILLING: Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs slightly; stir in granulated sugar, peel, juice, and baking powder.
- Stir in remaining coconut; beat until combined.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 20 minutes or until edges are light brown and center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into triangles and dust lightly with powdered sugar and lime peel, if desired.
Nice balance between the lime and the sweetness - and a very easy recipe. I also liked the pecans and coconut in the base. I've made a similar slice before with a plain shortbread crust but the texture and taste of the nuts was more interesting. I scaled up the recipe to 1.5 of this recipe for a tin 8" x 12" but I think I would double the recipe next time to get a slightly thicker slice. Thanks for posting.
It was very good. Liked the nuts and coconut in the crust. I added a bit more lime juice and grated peel than in the recipe. I tasted the filling before baking, and tasted about right. Not that I would suggest everyone to do that since it is raw eggs. Overall, good recipe.