Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe given to me by email, nice and tangy!
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 lime, sliced into segments
- In a shallow nonporous dish or bowl combine the salsa, mustard and lime juice. Mix well. Add chicken, cover dish and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and add to skillet. Saute, turning frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, boil remaining marinade in a saucepan for 4 to 5 minutes, to remove all possibility of bacteria. Add boiled marinade to chicken and saute another 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is 'fork tender' and marinade is starting to glaze. Remove chicken to serving platter; raise heat to high and boil marinade for 1 minute.
- Spoon marinade over chicken and top each breast with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 lime wedge. Serve.