Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
a fruity bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed (about 6 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine lime juice, lime zest, melted butter and egg in small mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just blended and no streaks of flour remain. Gently stir in raspberries, then scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2-3 tsp coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
This was....strange! LOL Not bad, but not great it was dense and moist, slightly sour and a little sticky. I would have liked to see it rise higher and be fluffier. I kind of figured the taste combination would be very different, but I tried it because I needed to use up some raspberries that I defrosted on accident and I just happened to have limes on hand too!