Recipe by mrs.pin
i make this for my lil kids ( grandkids ) when they come to stay @ ninis house overnight they like it so much they wont put syrup on it !
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 8 pieces challah or 8 pieces Texas toast thick bread
- margarine (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- whip eggs til frothy, put in pie dish.
- add half and half to and whip to combine.
- add cinnamon and nutmeg to egg mixture and whip to combine.
- warm skillet over med- high heat add margarine to hot skillet.
- briefly soak bread in egg mixture on each side.
- and to hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
- serve hot with butter and syrup on the side.