Recipe by Rachel-Snachel
This is a vegan cersion of this Starbuck's scone. This recipe origially comes from www.recipehints.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegan sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheet lightly with butter or oil.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and dash of salt. Add in vegan sugar, butter (softened), lemon juice, and soymilk and mix until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries and/or raspberries LAST and gently mix. Do not over mix!
- (Over mixing dough with berries can cause your scone to have a dullish purple/gray hue rather than a warm buttery color.)
- Drop dough into 6-7 circular clumps on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.