Recipe by Grace Fung
Simple but impressive, this makes a great alternative to ordinary cream cheese cakes.
Top Review by selainek
Let me start by saying that this was my first attempt at making cheesecake--however, I did follow the directions exactly. The results were not good. After 60 minutes of baking the center was still wobbly but it was pretty brown on top so I went ahead and took it out of the oven. It just had the texture and flavor of ricotta cheese. It was also very wet all the way through and the crust was soggy.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 30 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix together cracker crumbs, melted butter, dark brown sugar and ground ginger; press onto bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the remaining ingredients until well-blended and smooth; pour into prepared pan.
- Place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven (this prevents the cake from cracking).
- Bake the cake in the centre for 45-60 minutes or until set.
- Chill before serving.