Recipe by nomnom
A *super quick* recipe for those who believe that low-fat diets can't incorporate nutty desserts, here's a lighter alternative. I adapted this from Sweet 'n' Low's recipe. All I changed were the eggs to egg subs. I suggest using Sweet 'n' Low no-calorie Brown Sugar because the recipe is formulated with it. I don't think it will work with regular brown sugar, but you can certainly try! :) Let me know how it turned out! Use any crust of your choice.
- 3 egg substitute
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar (sweet 'n' low)
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fat-free margarine, melted (Promise)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, slightly beat eggs.
- Add Sweet'N Low Brown, maple syrup, margarine, and vanilla.
- Stir until blended.
- Add pecans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool on rack.
- Tip: to toast pecans in microwave, place on microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until pecans brown, stirring once.