Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspiration for this one comes from Bumblebee on Allrecipes, but I have modified it to my tastes, and brought down the calories a bit. I like to make this for Super Bowl parties, it is filling and addictive.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened (or fat-free cream cheese)
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, cubed (or salsa)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fat-free refried beans, warmed
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- Cook turkey in skillet, drain fat.
- In large bowl, mix the sour cream and cream cheese and taco seasoning mix with a fork or hand blender.
- Spread meat in the bottom of a glass pie plate or similarly shaped dish.
- Spread refried beans as next layer.
- Spread cream cheese mixture, then veggies, then sprinkle the cheese.
This is probably the best layered dip I've had. Delish!
Panthur, reallllllly good recipe!! I had to make some substitutions due to ingredients on hand. Although I did use ground beef instead of turkey because I don't like ground turkey! Also used fat free cream cheese in place of neufchatel and green olives. Didn't have tomatoes (although I would have prefered fresh tomatoes) I used salsa and diced white onion. This is so quick and easy to make and your directions are very easy to follow. We made supper out of it with lots left over. For just the two of us I should have cut the recipe in half. (Still would have had plenty left) You didn't specify what size pan to use, so I used a 9X13 and it worked well. I'm sure we will snack on this for several days and you are right it is VERY filling! Oh, I used the remaining half packet of taco seasoning in my hamburger to give it extra flavoring. Seems the older I get the more seasoning I like. :) So thanks for posting and even though I subbed a few ingredients it was still GREAT!
We had a food day at work today and this was one of the first things to go. They loved it, so did I. I added xtra onion and used salsa instead of tomatoe. I love neufchatel cheese, its just like the high fat stuff and tastes great. I can see this being a regular at our food days, and at home too!! Thanks for a great dip, I could live off this stuff. :-)