Recipe by threeovens
I love pumpkin pie, but my husband is diabetic. I found an agave nectar that was maple flavored so decided to try it in pumpkin pie. This recipe also uses evaporated milk rather than sweetened condensed milk. And Splenda brown sugar blend.
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml agave nectar (maple-flavored)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar substitute
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground mace
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 9 inch unbaked pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs; whisk in agave nectar, sugar substitute and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, mace, and pumpkin and combine thoroughly.
- Gradually whisk in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes until set.
- You will probably have to cover crust with tin foil to prevent burning.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or maple flavored whipped cream.