Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
I actually decided to make this pasta pure whole wheat but my husband doesn't care for the texture of whole wheat flour so I decided to ease him into it. This recipe turned out great and he loved it!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, salt, and italian seasoning.
- Make a well.
- Whisk eggs, water, and olive oil together and pour into well. Mix untl a ball is formed.
- Turn out pasta dough onto a floured surface and knead for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wrap in wax paper and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 seperate pieces and roll out to desired thickness or use a manual pasta machine.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 6 minutes.
Very tasty, I love homemade pasta! I did add quite a bit of flour for kneading, but it was so tender and good, will be my go to pasta recipe, thanks!
I accidentally combined this with another whole wheat pasta dough recipe I had looked at... but with that said, the other one called for 1 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1 1/2 cup regular flour, 4 eggs, same salt and a Tbsp olive oil- but no water. I made mine with the flour listed above, the 4 eggs, a Tbsp olive oil and about 1/4 cup water... big mistake! I had to add back in at least a half cup of flour, the dough was so sticky!! There is flour aaaaallllllllllllll over my kitchen!!! LOL!!!!!! I will make this one again, but either with no egg or no water!
Giving it five stars again, I just wanted to add that I did not use any egg, just a tad more water to get my dough to the right consistency, just added a little at a time and it still came out perfect. But I will try it with egg next time.