Recipe by Nayj1
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This versatile soup is easy to make and filled with the all important flavor factor! It's light on calories and carbs but very filling and satisfying. The combo of healthy goodness here is even diabetic friendly. If you're partial to lime dishes, this is one more recipe you can love.
- 4 tablespoons quality margarine (or 6 sprays of buttery cooking spray)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh onions
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (green or mixed)
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 15 ounces canned navy beans (or other white bean if you prefer)
- 14 ounces fat free chicken broth (or equivalent bouillon with water)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 ounce Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix (half packet)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 medium lemons (optional) or 1 medium lime, cut into 4 wedges (optional)
- 4 tablespoons fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onions for about 4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat, add bell peppers, carrots, spinach, beans, broth, water, mushrooms, and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat, and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in olive oil, cumin, and chives.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls and squeeze 1 lime wedge over each bowl, if desired. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon tomatoes and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Yields up to 4 servings for a quick lunch or dinner. Recipe can be doubled to serve a larger family. Allow additional 15 minutes simmer time.