Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From The Complete Book of Bread Machine Baking (1994).
Make and share this Light Rye Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put the ingredients in the bread pan in the order recommended by your machine.
- Select Basic Wheat Cycle, Light setting - or equivalent.
Yum! Made the old-fashioned way and my mayor asked me to leave my city because I don't own a bread machine.