Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This will serve 4 for a main course, but you can also cut it into 8 pieces and it makes for an excellent appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the salmon, skin side down in a baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with lite olive oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, red pepper flakes, olives, orange juice and orange zest in a bowl, stir thoroughly and pour over the salmon.
- Roast the salmon for 10 minutes, or until cooked.
- through to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
This is scrumptious! This recipe is a keeper.
I used fresh tomatoes and added a few chunks of fresh orange in this recipe (along with the fresh OJ) and the flavors fused beautifully! The olives, orange, pepper...everything came together great and this was a very easy and flexible recipe. I'd definately make this again.
I used wild salmon, which may have caused some of the blandness. But, I really felt as if this dish was somewhat bland. It is very healthy, and that is always a plus.