1/1 Photo of Light Jalapeno Poppers
Made these as an appetizer with Mean Chef's Chile Rellenos. They are fabulous and you'd never know they were low fat. I let them cook a little longer than the recipe suggests. These would be PERFECT for any party occasion--superbowl, new year's eve, christmas eve, fourth of july, you name it! Found at weightwatchers.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside.
- 4Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 5Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- 6Place egg substitute in a shallow dish.
- 7Place cereal crumbs (I just used dried bread crumbs from a package) in a separate shallow dish.
- 8Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cereal crumbs to coat.
- 9Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- 10Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 116.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g