Recipe by junipernw
This is like a tossed pasta salad but is meant to be served warm. I was out of ideas for dinner tonight and I had chicken and rotini. So I came up with this tasty dish. this recipe makes a large amount, so plan on leftovers.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, prepared to package directions. (Keep the noodles hot)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 3 cups fresh broccoli (chopped into 1/2-inch size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning (Dried)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into small pieces and sautee with a basic season salt. (We like Alpine Lace brand) or grill the chicken and chop it up.
- Steam the broccoli slightly so that it is still a bit crispy but not raw.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, herbs, garlic and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix chicken, broccoli, pine nuts and cheese together with the oil dressing in a large bowl while the noodles and chicken are still hot.
- Serve immediately.