Recipe by love4culinary
This is a light, not too sweet bread. I had a ton of granola so I decided to experiment and I came up with this bread! If you dont grease the pan properly the sides will get stiff, so be careful! :-) Very nummy! I hope you enjoy it
Top Tweak by ReeLani
Tasty stuff. I used dried cranberries instead of raisins, since I had crans and no raisins, and the flavor blended nicely with the orange juice. I had a very full loaf pan, and though I thought it might spill over as it baked, it didn't. My co-workers are enjoying this today.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granola cereal (I used maple granola from the bulk section at whole foods market)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Put granola in a large bowl and add raisins, milk, and lemon juice and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, banana, vanilla, brown sugar, honey, orange juice concentrate, egg whites, oil, and yogurt, and mix very well (I use a whisk).
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and combine just until mixed through.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle tablespoon of sugar over the top of the mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpicks comes clean.
- Allow loaf to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
- Tastes good with apple butter!