Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another fantastic recipe I grew up with. These cookies are a nice change from the traditional shortbread cookies at Christmas and they're a lot easier to make. Always a hit with everyone I know
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat butter with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to whipped butter a little at a time.
- Add vanilla last and beat well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes until just turning light golden brown.
- Cookies will be delicate.
- Pack or freeze carefully.
- For a different look add a candied cherry half to the center of each cookie before baking.
This recipe it a must have xmas cookie in my household. They never make it into the cookie jar around here. I sometimes add a candied cherry to the top. They are fragile cookies.