Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lightened up version (if there can be one) of Ding Dong Cake that I found in Illinois Country Living. My family likes it for a twist on our usual rotation of chocolate desserts. :) Prep time does not include refrigeration although it does not take long since you use instant pudding.
- 8 -9 Ding Dong Chocolate Snack Cakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (can substitute with Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Lite (divided)
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip, if desired
- Slice Ding Dongs in half lengthwise and place in a 9x13 pan, cream side up.
- Soften cream cheese and mix with the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 of the Cool Whip.
- Mix until smooth and spread over the Ding Dongs.
- Mix all three puddings with the 3 cups of milk. When thick, spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.