Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ideal for parties served with crackers or baguettes. Can also be served as appetizer. Decorate with fresh dill and powder with paprika. Prepare at least 5 hours ahead of time, more convenient the day before entertaining. Quick and easy. You may substitute the salmon with any white fish.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup natural yoghurt (no sugar or sugar substitute added)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise (regular mayonaise can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Steam fish in 1/3 cup water for 10 minutes,
- Remove salmon from pan and mince it. Reserve fish water.
- Dilute gelatine in 2-3 tbsp cold water and pour into hot fish water.
- Add lemon juice to the above.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Add minced fish and gelatine mix.
- Taste. Add salt, Tabasco and/or lime juice if necessary.
- Pour into a covered jello Tupperware container and refrigerate.