Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready for some sweetness? This is the recipe for you.
Make and share this Light Buttermilk Pralines recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup roasted pecan
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over low heat until a candy thermometer registers 234° or about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in nuts, butter, and vanilla; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to lose its shine (about 5-10 minutes). Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand 20 minutes or until set.