1/1 Photo of Light but Creamy Fettuccine With Shrimp & Vegetables
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A light but still flavorful and creamy veggie-laden main dish. Adapted from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked fettuccine
- 1 -2 slice bacon
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned & cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (optional)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1Cook pasta to al dente, omitting any salt and oil. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Cook bacon in large heavy skillet over MED-HI heat for 6 minutes until crisp.
- 3Remove to paper towel and reserve 1 tablespoons of drippings.
- 4Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 5Add garlic and shrimp to skillet, sauté for 2 minutes. Add red pepper, peas *and carrots, if using*.
- 6Cook about 2 minutes until shrimp are done. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl; keep warm.
- 7Lower temp to MEDIUM.
- 8Whisk milk, flour, salt and pepper together. Add to skillet, whisking constantly, and cook for 3 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
- 9Remove from heat, add Parmesan cheese, stirring until blended.
- 10Add milk mixture to shrimp mixture, toss to combine.
- 11Add fettuccine and half of the fresh parsley.
- 12To serve: Sprinkle with bacon and remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light but Creamy Fettuccine With Shrimp & Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 150.2 mg
- Sodium 370.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.7 g