- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a hole in the center and add the buttermilk and melted shortening.
- Stir just until ingredients are mixed.
- Put on a floured board or waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with flour, pat to desired thickness or about 3/4 inch thick.
- It should be a moist dough.
- Cut the biscuits to desired size and bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.