Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
In response to a search for low fat beef recipes.
Make and share this Light Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean round steak, slightly frozen
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- Slice steak into small strips.
- Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in butter until tender.
- Add steak, and, stirring constantly, cook until steak is lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and finish browning steak.
- Add wine; cover and cook 10 minutes on low.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cooled beef broth; stir into beef mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in dill and sour cream.
- Serve over cooked hot noodles.
This was very good and very similar to my own recipe. I loved the added dill, and the flavor was just wonderful.