Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Only 2 WW points. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup frozen concentrated orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 24 graham crackers
- Chill a small mixing bowl and beaters.
- In the top section of a double boiler, soften gelatin in the melted concentrated Orange Juice.
- Place over hot water, and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Using cold beaters, beat dry milk and water until soft peaks form.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until stiff.
- Fold in orange juice mixture.
- Spread on 12 Graham crackers.
- Top with the remaining crackers.
- Wrap individually; freeze until firm about 2 hours.
I haven't tried them yet but it could be a good idea to use chocolate graham crackers instead, then sprinkle the graham crackers over the bars like a crunchy topping!
I have to agree with Sasha, this has good flavor but a problem with consistency. I ended up adding the orange juice mix to the milk and beating it, because I was not getting anywhere near even soft peaks. After adding the orange juice with gelatin I got soft peaks (heading towards medium but not quite). I ended up adding most of a carton of fat free cool-whip to fix the texture. They turned out ok and the kids enjoyed them, but not something I think I would go through again. Nice to try, though.
The flavor is great. They are perfect for a summer evening. I was just disappointed in the texture. I couldnt get mine to thicken. I just layered my crackers in a pan and poured it on top then layered it again. Maybe I did something wrong. Otherwise they were great and easy.