GLUTEN-FREE Dreamy Peanut Butter, Banana & Oatmeal Elvis Bar
The generous amount of Peanut Butter makes these bars taste rich and creamy, the banana keeps it *ultra* moist and takes on a mellow background flavor, and the oatmeal holds it all together PLUS some chocolate thrown in for good measure :) These are better the next day, don't contain eggs or flour, and are a good way to use up some ripe bananas!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats (or 2 cups quick cook oats)
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first 4 ingredients and cream together well. Add in the vanilla, stir, then add in the peanut butter. Stirring carefully so you don’t spill, work in all of the peanut butter until in is completely incorporated.
- Sprinkle the baking soda over the entire mixture, add in the oatmeal and chocolate chips and blend until well combined.
- Pour into the 8 x 8 baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Top should be nice and brown and center will still be slightly wiggly/moist. Allow to cool completely before cutting into them.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent. I used 2 cups of regular oats + 1/8 cup of Steel-cut Oats... gave it a nice crunchy texture. We gave up chocolate for Lent so I didn't use chocolate chips but I added coconut and used crunchy peanut butter. Baked in 9x13 pan to make them more like granola bars. My kids gobbled them up!!1Reply