Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One day, I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. I couldn't decide between tacos and chili. I really wanted something with a more mexican food kind of flavor, but I had a half-used can of crushed tomatoes, and I wanted to use them up. So I made a recipe up, using whatever stuff I could find in my pantry. Both I and my husband absolutely loved it, and though I'd made enough for probably at least 4 people, the two of us finished off the whole thing!! I make it using stew chunks that I mostly minced in the food processor, leaving a few good-sized pieces. That added a nice texture to the dish. But, ground beef is easier. This is excellent by itself or in burrito shells. Eat as you would eat other taco fillings, i.e. with lettuce, cheese, salsa, etc.
- Sautee the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the beef and brown it.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning (to taste), and beans.
- Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Taste, and add more taco seasoning if needed.