Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my mother-in-law's recipes. It's really old and I don't know where she got it, but it's really coconutty. These are good and she made them a lot when Rudy was little in the 40's and 50's.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice will sour regular milk)
- 2 cups coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to butter/egg mixture alternately with the sour milk.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by teaspoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned (these cookies will spread a little).
I can confirm the good rates you got with this recipe.
They come out tender we love them very much. It will be difficult to keep some until Chritsmas!
I got 4 baking trays full!
Lovely tender coconut cookie. My family loved them. Next time I will add some coconut extract to enhance the coconut flavor. Thanks for posting, Dienia.
Great cookies Dienia! buttery rich and they baked out really nicely, thanks for posting!...Kitten:)