Prep 19 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 cups apples, cored, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix brown sugar with water and cinnamon; mix with apples.
- Put in a buttered casserole.
- Mix flour and salt with butter; spread over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour until apples are tender.
I used 6 granny smiths apples and cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup but we still found it far too sweet for our tastes (so would look at 1/2 to 1/3 cup of sugar and lessen the water to 3/4 to 1 tablespoon but leave the cinnamon the same if not maybe even up it, also we felt the crumble mix was rather thin and lacked flavour within itself. Will try again but with changes. Thank you Dienia B for posting, made for Went To Market tag game.