Recipe by Lanae Peterson
Real Southern Biscuits that DH (Southerner) LOVES! Even easy for a Yankee (me)!
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
as a non premium member-had a problem with baking powder listed twice and therefore came out tough and bitter-tried to ask chef-or make correction-but said im non member-so no luck--
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients, mixing well.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Add to the flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead 8 or 10 times.
- Roll dough to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2.5 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.