Recipe by Chef Norma JS
This is similar to what I had in a wonderful restaurant in Great Barrington, MA called Pearl. After having it there I had to make it myself.
Top Review by yamakarasu
I was looking for something quick and easy to do with the iceberg lettuce sitting in my fridge and thankfully I found this. At first I thought, "ketchup? Really? Gotta try this out!". I didn't have the salad in wedge form, just loose lettuce, but the real star is of course, the dressing! It was fantastic! Tangy with a touch of heat and sweetness.. so good! I'm definitely making this dressing more often! Thanks!
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, cut in serving sized wedges
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, Heinz preferred
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil, Canola oil preferred
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced finely (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and vinegar and cook over high heat until the mixture starts to boil and thicken, about 3 minutes, and pour into a blender.
- Add the onion, garlic, catchup, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper and blend until smooth.
- With the blender running gradually add the oil inches
- Stir in the celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let dressing cool and pour over the wedges of lettuce and garnish with green pepper.