Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I love salads, and this is no exception. Enjoy it with homemade Ranch Dressing instead of Blue Cheese.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, sliced (thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or minced)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the core even with the bottom of the lettuce and cut the lettuce into quarters through the core. If the quarters look too big for a single serving, either cut them in half or trim them to whatever size you feel is a good serving.
- Combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and chives in a bowl until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, set the wedge of iceberg in the center of a salad plate, add cucumber, and spoon the dressing over and dash it with a good pinch of chives.