Iceberg Lettuce Wedges With Creamy Garlic Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
All You magazine, August 2009
- Ready In:
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce (about 1 3/4 lb. each)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions (optional)
- Remove any tough outer leaves from lettuce heads and cut each into quarters. Remove tough stem end and core. Put quarters on chilled plates.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add 2 tablespoons cold water and process until blended and smooth. Add parsley, salt and pepper; pulse briefly to mix. Cover and chill until ready to serve (can be made up to 2 days in advance).
- To serve, spoon some dressing on each wedge and sprinkle with scallions, if desired. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION