Let’er Buck Red Beer Chili
- Add chiles to a large bowl; cover with boiling water; let stand 30 minutes until soft, then seed and stem them.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the chiles with the tomato sauce and beer; set aside.
- In a large skillet saute the onions and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add in the beef; cook until browned all over, stirring often.
- Add in the chile puree and the remaining ingredients (except potatoes); simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring often.
- This makes a soupy chili, best served in a bowl on a bed of smashed-up boiled potatoes.