Recipe by **Mandy**
15/4/10 - Finally got around to trying this but served the sauce over some porterhouse steak...the recipe as is was a little tart for me so I ended up adding a splash of cream to the sauce to mellow the flavours, which worked a treat...hubby was delighted with his steak dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup tarragon mustard
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 750 g piece thick-cut rump steak
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon to boil in a saucepan. Simmer approx 10 minutes.
- Grill or Barbeque steak to your liking.
- Cut steak very thinly and arrange on a serving plate.
- Pour sauce over and grind pepper on to taste.
- Seve with a mountain of potato chips or french fries.