Recipe by latinil
Lentils stew with tomatoes, garlic and onions
Top Review by Busy Mom of 5 Kiddos
Having never cooked Lentils before, I wanted to find an easy recipe to use. This couldn't have been an easier or tastier! I used the basics of this recipe and added things that I thought would add to it. I added some ground sausage, carrots and celery and a few handfuls of rotini noodles. It made a huge pot and everyone loved it. Great recipe for first time Lentil cookers. Thanks for a great dinner!
- 1 lb dry lentils
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons savory
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the lentils into water to boil, remove from heat, drain and throw away the first water.
- Bring the lentils to boil in 2 liters of water.
- Put 5-6 sliced garlic gloves and finely chopped 1 onion into the pot.
- Boil until the lentils is tender.
- While boiling the lentils with the garlic and onion, heat the oil and simmer the second finely chopped onion.
- Add the salt and paprika, continue simmer until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes mixture with the lentils. Add the savory and turn down the heat. Mince the garlic and add to the cooked stew. It may be hot in taste.