Recipe by Dib's
I make this as a side with grilled chicken, a main dish for my vegetarian.
Top Review by Anu
The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity, accompanied by the fact that it tastes absolutely fantastic!!! The garlic compliments the tang of the tomatoes perfectly. I did have to add some more water because the lentils just sucked them up, but besides that all the amounts given in the recipe are perfect! I had this in one bowl over "tortilla" chips made from chappatis for a scrumptious and satisfying dinner. Diana, thank you so much for this!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dried lentils, picked over,washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large 2 quart pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until JUST turning golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook down to thick, around 8 minutes.
- Add lentils and 2 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well.