1/1 Photo of Lentils, garlic and tomatoes
I make this as a side with grilled chicken, a main dish for my vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large 2 quart pot over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook until JUST turning golden.
- 3Add tomatoes and cook down to thick, around 8 minutes.
- 4Add lentils and 2 1/2 cups water.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- 6Simmer 30 minutes.
- 7Add the salt and lemon juice.
- 8Mix well.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentils, garlic and tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 587.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.1 g