Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lentil Soup With Egyptian Spices
- 1 set 1 pouch rawspicebar's egyptian spices
- 2 . set 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 . set 1 onions
- 4 . set 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 . set 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 . set 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 7 . set 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 8 . set 1 lb lentils
- 9 . set 2 tsp salt
- 10 . set 2 loaves whole wheat pita bread
- 11 . set olive oil
- 12 . set salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, salt and celery. Cook, stirring until onions are translucent, about 7 minute.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes & RawSpiceBar's Egyptian Spices. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 35-45 min, until vegetables are very soft.
- hile the soup is simmering, make the croutons. Preheat oven to 200°C Cut or tear pita bread into bite-sized pieces. Toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt then spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in oven for about 10-12 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Puree the soup with a blender in batches, until smooth. Adjust seasoning and serve with croutons and a sprinkle of dukkah if you like. Enjoy!