Food & Wine. OAMC Just let soup cool before pouring into labeled and dated freezer bags or tupperware containers. Thaw in microwave or at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, cook the bacon strips until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 2Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat or, if there's less than 2 tablespoons, add enough olive oil to make up the amount.
- 3Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the lentils, salt, pepper, rosemary, bay leaf, and water to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 5Add the cauliflower florets and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower and lentils are tender, about 15 minutes longer. Remove the bay leaf.
- 6Stir the parsley into the soup. Serve the soup topped with the bacon.
- 7Variation: Substitute broccoli florets for the cauliflower. Add them after the lentils have cooked for about twenty-five minutes and then simmer until the broccoli is tender, five to ten minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Soup With Cauliflower and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 1334.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g