Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Again this is another recipe from my gran, number two of three!
- 50 g red lentils
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium potato
- 500 ml water
- 1 ham stock cube
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- place lentils into a sieve, wash under cold running water.
- place lentil, ham stock cube, salt and pepper and water into a large pot.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Wash the carrot and potato and peel them.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Grate the potato and carrot.
- Add the vegetables to the large pot, and bring to boil.
- Simmer until all veg is soft.
- Blending the soup is optional but I would recommend it.