Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from my wonderful friend and next door neighbor. Her family loves these and so do I. Placing here for safe keeping.
- 2 cups brown lentils, cooked
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos (available at Whole Foods or health store or you can substitute Tamari or Soy Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (for breading)
- With a potato masher or fork, mash lentils leaving some whole. Form 12 patties with all ingredients except the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Coat patties with remaining bread crumbs. Bake on a lightly oiled cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Turn patties over and continue baking 10-15 minutes more.
I quartered the recipe and really enjoyed them for dinner! I may have put more onions, but really enjoyed their flavor coming through! Thanks!