Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This makes a very hearty meal served with salad and crusty bread.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 lbs polska kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- Rinse and drain lentils, but do not soak.
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, stir together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
Okay, I played with this a little, but the basic recipe is such a good one that it deserves five stars as a super master recipe. I used less kielbasa ('casue I didn't have 2 lbs), cut the celery to one rib (personal preference)added an onion, used raosted garlic diced tomatoes and beef soup base rather than bullion. This is healthy, hearty and what a yummy aroma to come home to on a blustery Fall day! Thanks for a new soup favorite!