Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I came across this quick bread recipe and thought it really should be posted. I love making this during the end of summer/fall season when zucchini is in season. It is so easy to throw together the hardest part is the grating of the zucchini!! I love how the lemon peel plays in the background of this recipe. I usually use the zest of 3 lemons, it is probably more than what the recipe calls for but I like the extra zestiness. The bread has a nice rise and tastes better the next day.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Grease a 4X8 inch loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 380 degrees.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Throw the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.