Montana Heart Song's Note:
I discovered all of my lemonade mix was gone except for 1 tblsp. I had just opened a can of sliced carrots. This recipe was born. So simple but makes carrots delicious. Double the recipe for two cans of sliced carrots if you wish. You may use any sugar variety including Splenda blend brown sugar. I had requests to serve more than one can at the next meal. Microwave or stovetop. Your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour out 1/3 of the liquid in the can of carrots.
- 2Pour the canned carrots with saved liquid in a saucepan or serving bowl.
- 3Add lemonade mix, brown sugar and margarine.
- 4Stir to mix.
- 5Place a microwave cover over serving bowl. Microwave 3 minutes at 50% power. Stop, check and stir at 1 1/2 MINUTES. DO NOT LET ALL OF THE LIQUID EVAPORATE. Start again and cook.
- 6Place on stove to simmer then low heat and cook until liquid is almost gone. Stir once.
- 7About 5 to 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Sweet Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: