Elena Perez's Note:
A cookie disguised as a snickerdoodle, but with a shocking surprise! A treat for fans of the books "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket, published by Harper Collins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed Very Firmly Down
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Versatile Flour Dust)
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats (Visciously Flattened Down)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, Very Finely Diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Veritably Fool-proof Disguise
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Beat butter and sugar together, add eggs and lemon extract.
- 3Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to sugar mixture, mix well, stir in crystallized ginger.
- 4Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- 5For disguise: In small bowl, combine 1 t sugar and 1 t cinnamon; sprinkle the disguise lightly over each cookie.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not bake too long, or you may need the aid of the Volunteer Fire Department.
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Snickets
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: