- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (15 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- candy sprinkles, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy; then beat in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and ricotta until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Cover and chill at least an hour.
- Shape dough into balls, and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until bottoms are light brown. cool for about 1 minute, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- While they cool, make glaze: Stir confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle evenly over each cookie. Garnish with sprinkles. Let stand until glaze is hardened.