Prep1 hr 10 mins
from Parenting magazine
Make and share this Lemony Snicket Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (15 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- candy sprinkles, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy; then beat in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and ricotta until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Cover and chill at least an hour.
- Shape dough into balls, and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until bottoms are light brown. cool for about 1 minute, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- While they cool, make glaze: Stir confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle evenly over each cookie. Garnish with sprinkles. Let stand until glaze is hardened.
Made these for my other half to share at work! However, instead of rolling the dough into balls, I shaped the chilled dough into long 'ropes' about 1 inch in diameter & then cut the ropes into 1-inch lengths & went on from there! Obviously the cookies weren't round, but that didn't detract from the very, very tasty flavor (LOVE THAT LEMON)! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]