For a special occasion or a simply delicious weeknight dinner. I cannot emphasize enough that freshly grated cheese melts better and makes for a smoother sauce. The shelf stuff is to cover up bad pizza.
- 1 lb boneless pork cutlets or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cutlet
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- parsley, minced
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pound the cutlets into 1/4” thick cutlets. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder.
- In one bowl, whisk together eggs and milk or water. In another dish, add flour, season with a little salt and pepper and lemon zest, stirring to combine.
- Dip pork cutlets into the egg mixture, turning to coat then dip into the flour mixture; coating both sides. Lay coated cutlets on waxed paper.
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter and oil until hot. Fry the cutlets until they are browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Place cutlets on a serving platter and drizzle the lemon sauce on top. Garnish with minced parsley.
- To make lemon cream sauce: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add lemon juice, heavy cream, cheese, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer low for 7-10 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens to desired consistency.