Recipe by Irmgard
Every so often, I look in one of my old (1980s) cookbooks for something a little different for dinner. This recipe combines lemon and tomatoes with herbs for a tangy but delicious sauce which is a nice compliment to the pork.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stewing pork, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lemons, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole dish and cook the pork over high heat until well browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add extra oil to the dish, if necessary, and fry the onions and garlic over moderate heat until the onion is transparent.
- Return the pork to the dish and top with the lemons and pepper.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour into the dish.
- Cover tightly and cook in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours, until the pork is tender.
- Serve with baked potatoes and a green vegetable.