Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great side dish that is easy to prepare.
- coarse salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans, unthawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add lima beans and cook; stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain again, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer lima beans to a bowl.
- Stir in oil, lemon zest and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among four serving plates and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Halved this recipe for the two of us; talk about tasty! But then we liked lima beans in the first place, and how can you go wrong with lemon juice/zest, olive oil, and Parmesan?
Wonderful, fast recipe. I didn't even think I liked Lima beans. My husband even tried them thinking he was going to hate them...I am making them for the 4th time tonight. My whole family loves them! Thank you!
I love lima beans. This is such an easy recipe and so tasty. I cut the recipe back to half and cut back on the parmesan cheese - very delish! Thanks for posting