Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
With Cookgirl's "Lemony Lentils" (#163135) as inspiration, I put together this yummy soup with the leftovers. DH loves this soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked lentils (leftover lemony lentils)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 cup ditalini
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In soup pot, heat oil and then add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and pepper. Cook about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minues.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add lemony lentils, pasta, zest and juice. Stir well to combine.
- Cook until pasta is done (about 10 minutes).